Most businesses ask themselves on a daily basis, “how can I be sure I’m reaching my customers?” and “how can I be sure my employees are engaged?” Red e App believes the answer is simple . . . have a mobile presence. In other words, be where your customers and employees are.
The rapid adoption of smartphones is creating a paradigm shift in communications and our relationships with information. Users’ ability to access data immediately through apps and web browsers and through contact with their social networks is creating a new culture of real-time information seekers and problem solvers.
Our recommendation is supported by the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project which found that 62% of the entire adult population has used their mobile phone in the last 30 days to coordinate a meeting, solve an unexpected problem, decide whether to visit a business or restaurant, look up a sports score, or settle an argument.
Red e App simplifies the lives of your customers and employees by making your business accessible to them via their mobile device and allows you to communicate important announcements to them.
The Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project has documented some of the ways that people perform just-in-time services with their cell phones. A new nationally representative survey by the Pew Internet Project has found additional evidence of this just-in-time phenomenon. Some 70% of all cell phone owners and 86% of smartphone owners have used their phones in the previous 30 days to perform at least one of the following activities:
- Coordinate a meeting or get-together — 41% of cell phone owners have done this in the past 30 days.
- Solve an unexpected problem that they or someone else had encountered — 35% have used their phones to do this in the past 30 days.
- Decide whether to visit a business, such as a restaurant — 30% have used their phone to do this in the past 30 days.
- Find information to help settle an argument they were having — 27% have used their phone to get information for that reason in the past 30 days.
- Look up a score of a sporting event — 23% have used their phone to do that in the past 30 days.
- Get up-to-the-minute traffic or public transit information to find the fastest way to get somewhere — 20% have used their phone to get that kind of information in the past 30 days.
- Get help in an emergency situation — 19% have used their phone to do that in the past 30 days.
Overall, these “just-in-time” cell users amount to 62% of the entire adult population —defined as anyone who has done one or more of the above activities using their phone in the preceding 30 days.
Will you be in front of or behind the curve? Will you push the important and timely information to your employees and customers or will you be waiting (sometimes endlessly) for them to pull it from your traditional communications?
Marketing Director, Red e App