Open enrollment season is here, and as internal communicators know, things can get crazy. Getting information to your employees is of utmost importance during this time because there is so much at stake. Communicating clearly and effectively the first time saves you and all of your coworkers (a multitude of) headaches in the future.
What are the risks of miscommunicating during open enrollment?
- Employees miss deadlines – this creates a headache for you and could be catastrophic for employees if they miss out on insurance for the year.
- Employees make the wrong choices for their families – even if they don’t miss out on coverage completely, making the wrong choice can impact an employee profoundly.
- Communicators lose time – questions that have already been answered are asked again, 20 times.
Employee communications tools like Red e App are a simple solution to these open enrollment woes.
How can you use Red e App to communicate effectively during open enrollment?
- Communicate about in-person meetings – Real-time communication can be especially helpful if meeting times or locations change at the last minute.
- Recap meetings in Red e App messages – Be mindful of your employees who are on vacation or sick on meeting dates. Ensure that your message is accessible to your team members with hearing loss by recapping meetings in a quick message.
- Allow employees to respond to messages with questions – or point employees to the right person they can contact with questions. This can help you save time and reduce in-person meetings with quick answers.
- Send out FAQs for common questions – See a pattern in questions? Nip it in the bud by adding it to the FAQ list. Keep the list updated and available in Red e App for all employees.
- Schedule messages in advance – You already know when your deadlines are, so go ahead and set reminders before each deadline. This also prevents you yourself from forgetting to send out the message on time.
- Record a video of someone from your HR team talking through the benefits options – If a picture is worth 1,000 words, a video is worth 10x that!
If you’re not using Red e App yet, Open Enrollment can he a huge headache with many communication challenges. Ready to relieve the headache? Click here to schedule a demo and learn how Red e App can help.