Employee Appreciation Day is March 4th, prepare now!
While you likely recognize your employees more than just one day of the year, this “holiday” is a good time to incorporate appreciation into your organization (at all levels).
Employee appreciation day is a great excuse to dote on your employees, and it benefits the company in more ways than one.
You don’t have to take our word for it, though. IBM is constantly researching ways to improve companies, here is what they have to say about the importance of recognizing employees, particularly through multiple channels. View the full study from IBM
- The engagement level of employees who receive recognition is almost three times higher than the engagement level of those who do not.
- Workers who receive recognition are less likely to quit. Without recognition, about half (51 percent) of surveyed employees say they intend to leave.
- Employees whose organizations use multiple communication channels for recognition are more likely to feel appreciated and show a higher level of employee engagement.
- The findings imply that technologies such as social and mobile are strong candidates for the effective delivery of recognition as they offer interactive, frequent and immediate communication via multiple channels.
As you can see, whether the recognition is public through a message to all employees, or a personal “Thank you for your hard work” note, a little gratitude can go a long way in inspiring your employees to be invested in the success of your company.
To give you some ideas, view our infographic for 8 simple ways to show your appreciation. Such as . . .
1. Anniversaries: Celebrate work anniversaries with a small gathering.
2. Compliance: Surprise employees with a bonus/gift for exceeding expectations.
3. Customer Service: Congratulate employees with public acknowledgement.
Let us know how you are engaging and esteeming your employees.