As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
We were honored and grateful to win the ‘Most Market Ready Implementation’ at the Bluegrass Code-a-thon on Saturday, July 7. Pictured (from the left) are Patrick Goodman, Bob Saunders and Jamie Willis posing with the winning check.
The competition’s aim was to inspire innovation in the health care industry and offered teams the opportunity to innovate and show what can be created from scratch. Red e App, of course, has been a long time in the making and we entered our application in the category which allowed developers to submit existing code.
For me, the most valuable benefit of the competition (excluding the nice check) was the networking opportunity to meet other entrepreneurs and developers in Kentucky who are passionate about innovation and solving big problems. Health care in general is a huge market ripe for innovative technologies to assist both patients and employees.
Here is a quick list of some of the ideas presented:
- Mobile app to keep track of prescriptions
- Mobile app to help patients find the best health insurance and doctors in their immediate area
- Voice recognition app to help you find a diagnosis for an ailment
- Web application to help physicians with scheduling appointments with patients
- Crowd-sourced data application to tell a user when wait times are least at the doctor in order to save time
- Intensive summer program for aspiring medical students to help them really experience the life of a medical professional before they spend thousands of dollars on medical school
- Application to remind a user when to take prescription medicine as well as be able to reorder automatically
In all, the Code-a-thon was a great way to spend a Saturday surrounded by smart and creative types. Plus, walking away a winner wasn’t too bad either.
Red e App Product and Engagement Director